Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Cross Culture Understanding Task (Reading 11)

TASK:
Based on your last reading (I know each of you had read different pages), I want each of you to come up with at least 5 important points that you can derive from the text in PART 6. The most important points according to yourself. 
The last day to post is by next Tuesday Dec 21, 2010.
MY ANSWER:
After reading part 6 of this book, I found a lot of important points, five of them all are:

1.   cultural intelligence involve three components: knowledge, awareness, skills.
2.   be mindful and respectful of my international partner's title, their formality rule, and protocols is important. Choose a formal one is better than an informal.
3.   focus more on what is said than how it is said. In some cases it is really important.
4.   keep it simple, speak slowly and clear, and take it easy to avoid miscommunication from Brooks is important to do I think.
5.   learn the six basics (yes, no, please, thank you, hello, and good bye) from another language is important.

there are much more another important things, but I think the 5 above is the most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Arigatou.. Visit Again Yaa... ~