Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Cross Culture Understanding Task (Reading 9)

TASK:
Dear Folks,
After reading the cultural intelligence book all this time, I believe you start to have something in your mind about cross-culture. Therefore, this time you are going to read completely PART 5 from page 153 to page 176. It is quite much reading, but this time I will let you finish the reading until Monday December 6, 2010. Just tell me the most interesting thing you have read in this part according to your own opinion. I will be very glad if the reading will open your eyes in seeing the world and more importantly if this reading will give you the idea of your future thesis. 
Happy reading
MY ANSWER:
I am interested in "learning about others' culture styles" chapter. Brooks tell how we ask someone and how to explore our knowledge about others'. I realize that we can't generalize all people. I agree with Brooks about ask our conversation partner where is exactly their country or city, don't try to play we are smart. I also not really sure, my partner will know where is Indonesia.
I am interested to know about others' culture much. After reading this part I know that it isn't just a culture but also people have a communication style. We can't make stereotypes of someone because their communication style, although a lot people from the same country has almost same communication style, but it depend on their personality and idealism. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Arigatou.. Visit Again Yaa... ~